In the last few weeks I have heard some horror stories from companies who hired a social media maven gone bad. I thought it would be fun to poke fun at some of the abundance of experts in this Sunday night list. Feel free to add your comments based on your own experiences or stories that you have heard.
Seven Signs That You Might Think Twice About Your Social Media Consultant.
1. When you call to speak to them about your account their voicemail says “Yo, dawg, leave a message.”
2. They think you are talking about your vacation plans when you tell them that you want to reach “C-Suite” executives.
3. They can’t tweet past 10pm because their mom won’t let them on the computer that late at night.
4. When you email them about a typo in a blog post, the reply email is full of typos.
5. Their strategy includes MySpace.
6. You catch them talking about how their new client is so annoying and demanding on their Twitter page.
7. They list their dad as a reference and he has the same phone number as the consultant.